Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

Cost of a partial of the two front teeth

About how much does a partial of the two front teeth cost in California?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

These are your options if you wanty to get partial dentures made.

Private Practice : Prices which range from $(NNN) NNN-NNNN per arch,

You can try the following alternatives and get equal care or sometimes BETTER care :

1) Community Health Centers :

Costs will run from 500-700 $ per arch with no insurance. I advise that you apply for State Aid which sometimes covers the cost of partials.

2) Local Dental Schools:

You will be worked on by dental students who have had pre-clinica experience (meaning two years minimum on manniquein patients), but limited 'real' life experience. However, student dentists are well supervised by dentists who have practiced for a long long time. Faculty usually have private practices of their own and probably would charge 10x as much at their practices for the same work.
Prices are about 350 $ per arch.

Boston University charges $600/arch with no insurance and $300/arch
for people who have insurance, but it doesn't cover partials. And no one is motivated to charge expensive prices because it's an educational institution. The bad part is the appointments. For partials, it's a min of 5 appts at 2.5 hours a piece.

3) Retail Chain Dental Practices (ie Sears, Gentle Dental, Western): These are good for quick service partials. Prices are generally lower than other private practices, they have coupons, and marketing team that make them very attractive.
Prices will range from(NNN) NNN-NNNN $ on up depending on where you go. The bad is that dentists usually recently graduated and NOT under the supervision by others, service is 'too quick', meaning they could miss something or lack in personal attention all patients deserve.
Retail dentists are under the gun to produce and sometimes they sacrifice personal attention for a buck.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
"per arch" - just what is that, one tooth?

I found this same information on the internet that you provided - but need more detail. I know someone who just got a flapper (?) one tooth, and her dentist charged about 500.00 So, my question is for a partial of the two front teeth (with no teeth being extracted) as this is a replacement, what is the price range?

Thanks for responding.

By "arch" i mean a jaw. That is,your upper jaw or lower jaw.

A flipper is another name for a simple acrylic partial denture.

500 $ seems a bit steep to me for a single tooth flipper. You should be able to get a two tooth flipper for that much, or even slightly less !

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX say a complete set of dentures, it would be up to 2,600?

Okay final - a partial of the two front teeth should be 500 or less?
The average cost of a single denture in the USA is 1200$. You could multiply that by 2 for a complete set of upper and lower dentures.

So yes, 2600 $ is al right.

And yes, a partial of the two front teeth should be 500 or less.

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience: Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.