Donetta, Certified Dental Assistant
Experience:  14 years of experience in all facets of general dentistry

about how much does a one tooth flipper cost and do most people

I need a quick temporary flipper on my front root canal that broke off I would like to know the costs and do most dentists know what a flipper is and will they do it?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Donetta replied 8 years ago.
Cost of flippers can vary, usually they cost around 400-600 dollars is my experience. Any general dentist should be able to do it. All they have to do is take an alginate impression. It is pretty quick and easy. Depending on where their lab is located, it should only take 3-5 days to get it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Donetta's Post: is that for one tooth and not the extraction and
sedation of the tooth as well will they still give you a flipper if the teeth they were to attach the flpper to needed dental work as well
Expert:  Donetta replied 8 years ago.
It is for the flipper, and the tooth on the flipper. Not the extraction. The cost of the anesthetic should be included with extraction and for a simple extraction it usually runs about 125-200. They can attach it to teeth that need work, however after that work is done it may not fit. Talk to the dentist about your options.