Dr Rao
Dr Rao, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  General Dentist , Private practice since past 6 years.........
2216047

My dentures are stuck in my mouth. How can I get them out

No Comment Added

hi,

Are your dentures new or old?

when was it made?

Are these complete dentures or partial dentures?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Rao's Post: They are a new, complete, top plate. I was having trouble with them falling out so I went to my dentist to have them refitted. That was Thursday afternoon. They stayed in, but I wasn't pleased with the shape they gave my upper lip so I called and he told me to come back Friday (a day he usually doesn't work on). I came back Friday morning. He ground down the front so they looked more natural and he put a liner inside the dentures. He didn't say I couldn't take them out. I was satisfied. Later Friday afternoon I realized I couldn't get them out. I tried and I noticed a little blood. My gums aren't completely healed from when I had them pulled last Friday and I don't want to hurt myself. I can't get in touch with my dentist or the surgeon who pulled my teeth. I had a lot of trouble sleeping with them in last night.

hi,

You will have to visit your dentist to get this denture corrected.

It is a complete denture and you should be able to take them out.

Rinsing the mouth with warm water [forcefully] could loosen the denture.Try to loosen the denture ,without applying too much pressure,by using your finger on the edges of the denture,the area where the denture meets your gums.

There is a possiblity that the denture is stuck in the undercuts in your upper jaw bone,because of the relining .If it is stuck ,then you will have to visit your dentist to get it removed.

You will have to visit your dentist to get this denture corrected so that it doesnt trouble you in future.