Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.

How can I anchor an already loose tooth

Customer Question

I am on the verge of loosing the tooth it is in the front of my mouth. How can I anchor it to keep it in my mouth?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 8 years ago.

I am going to assume that your tooth is loose from gum disease. The only way to give this tooth additional support is to have it bonded to the solid tooth next to it. Dentists call this splinting the tooth. Make an appointment with your dentist and see if this is a possibility for you. The technique does not solve the problem that caused the looseness, however. You also need to have the periodontal (gum) disease treated. I hope this answers your question. If you have any concerns that I have not addressed regarding this situation, please let me know and I will give you more information.