Dr Rao
Dr Rao, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  General Dentist , Private practice since past 6 years.........

HOW DO I REMOVE THE WIRING AND APPARATUS FROM MY JAWS

No Comment Added
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Rao replied 6 years ago.

What wires and apparatus have been fixed on to your jaws?

When and why were these wires fixed?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Rao's Post: I HAD A BROKEN JAW 5 WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE HAD MY JAWS WIRED SHUT SINCE. MY DOCTOR WANTED TO LEAVE THEM ON FOR 4 WEEKS AND I JUST FOUND OUT HE WILL NOT BE BACK TILL AFTER XMAS. I HAVE NO PAIN AT ALL, SO I AM NOT GOING TO WAIT.

THE APPARTUS IS FIXED BY WIRES THAT GOES AROUND THRU THE GAPS IN MY TEETH AND UP INTO THE CONNECTS ON MY GUMS
Expert:  Dr Rao replied 6 years ago.

You have been treated for jaw fracture .The wires were used to immobilise and keep your jaws stable to promote better healing.

These wires and appartus can be removed by a dental surgeon

It would be bettter if you could contact your surgeon or his office/hospital and ask if they can help you.

Or else you will have to visit another surgeon who would be able to remove the wires from your mouth.

Dr Rao, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience: General Dentist , Private practice since past 6 years.........
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Rao's Post: IF I CAN CUT THEM OFF IN CASE I VOMIT, THEN I CAN CUT THEM OFF MYSELF, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW. SO HOW DO I DO THIS??
Expert:  Dr Rao replied 6 years ago.

It is not safe to try this your self.

The wires have been fixed in a professional way such that they donot come loose or break during the course of treatment.

Hence itis not safe to try cutting them yourself.You could cause yourself some harm ,by doing this.

the wires could lacerate your gums and supporting tissues .

I would advice you to contact the hospital/dental office where you got yourself treatd before.They could arrange for a dentist to remove these wires,ifyour regular surgeon is not available.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Rao's Post: HOW DO I DO IT?? MY QUESTION IS NOT IS IT SAFE OR NOT?? HOW DO YOU CUT IT OFF??
Expert:  Dr Rao replied 6 years ago.

To do this procedure you would require certain instruments which are designed for doing this type of work without causing any trauma to the adjoining tissues.

I am a dentist myself and i know how dangerous it can be if you try to remove it yourself.

You need a professional; dentist/surgeon to remove these wires .I can understand your anxiety and frustration ,because you have been carrying these wires in your mouth for 5 weeks.

I dont think i would be able to tell you how you could remove these wires yourself online.

If you are not satisfied with my answers ,you donot have to accept them.

The reason i am asking you to visit a dentist is because this is not a very easy thing to do.