Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

How is a felony dropped after probation without it being a

Customer Question

how is a felony dropped after probation without it being a sis
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: anchorage alaska recklessly caused physical injury to another person by means of a dangerous instrument felony class c count one and two interferring with another person repoting or attemting to report a crime misdemenor class a and theft a cell phone which is also a misdemeanor
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have the gave me a deal felony probation with no jail time for 3 years i denied it its been 3 months i was released on third party they offered me 18 months no jail time on felony probation he mentioned it being dropped to a misdeamor after the probation but im not sure how thats possible if its not a sis
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i do have priors with two dui but they are misd.. is that something they can use against me ive never had domestic violence or any type of violence this is a felony charge my first one im not sure if i want to take the deal i have plans on going to school for medical and this may ruin my career plans
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 13 days ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 13 days ago.

The health profession is restrictive. A clean criminal history is not essential, but a felony conviction can severely hamper your ability to get a state license and/or a job. I understand your concern, but unless you are confident that if you go to trial on this case you will come out with no worse than a misdemeanor conviction, a non-incarceratory plea bargain whereby after the completion of your sentence your plea to the felony is withdrawn and a misdemeanor plea substituted is a deal that has to be seriously considered.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.