Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I have a case against me 7 yrs ago for solitution of

Customer Question

I have a case against me 7 yrs ago for solitution of prosution. I did not do it how can get the court to reopen the charge
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Were you convicted? Do you have new evidence that was not reasonably discoverable at the time of the conviction? Did you appeal the conviction?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's says nolle prosse
If the case was nolle prosequied or "nolle prossed" then that means it was not prosecuted and as such no conviction was entered. The court will NOT reopen the charge, they will expunge or seal the charge. If that is what you meant, then you can go to the court where the case was dismissed and you can file a petition for expungement and seek to have the case removed from your records.
Here is the expungement package for FL with instructions on how to do this if you do not wish to hire a local attorney: http://www.putnam-fl.com/uploads/uploads/criminal_division_documents_and_forms/expungement_packet.pdf
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's is on my record and I believe someone else used my name. There is no way to prove that

Thank you for your reply.

IF you believe that it is erroneously on your record, then you would need an attorney to seek to remove it by proving the person who was charged was not you, which they typically do by fingerprints in court.