How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26432
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a vop.hearing on the 31st. If I hire attorney can I

Customer Question

I have a vop.hearing on the 31st. If I hire attorney can I get an extension?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Cali
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: La county
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes..the one I retained originally but not about extension. About keeping me out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Generally, with a reasonable excuse, a lawyer can get an extension for a court date. Typically, it won't be that long, but if there's some reason that you need more time to wind up your affairs before going in and if your attendance record in court has never been a problem, in my experience, most judges will grant one.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.