Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In the state of Texas we were arrested for possession of

Customer Question

In the state of Texas we were arrested for possession of paraphernalia and possession of cocaine .The possession pf paraphenalia led to a search of my motor home where the coke was found. Is the paraphthe city probate courtelia a lessor included offense of the possission. The two charges were seperated into different courts. We pled guilty to possession of paraphenalia in city probate court. We were indicted in District court for the possession. Is this not double jeopardy.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Texas July 6 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Can you give me the specific statutes you were found guilty of violating in each court? To determine whether jeopardy applies, I need to be able to review both.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 days ago.

Did you still need help with this?