Marc
Marc, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Attorney at Law
77496635

I was sentenced under the sex offered law in 1995 am i

Customer Question

I was sentenced under the sex offered law in 1995 am i grandfather in because i was sentenced to register for 25 years and its been 22 and the law has changed so much i need to know please
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Know but the laws has changed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just really want this off me and i know that ive been clear and hasnt had a new case like this at all
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marc replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Marc. I'm a licensed attorney, experienced in criminal law, and I will be happy to answer your question.

You are absolutely right that there have been so many changes to the AL law. In fact, the sex offender law is probably one of the most amended AL state law.

In order to provide you with as complete and accurate an answer as possible, I just need to know a few things:

- Do you know the exact code(s) for which you were convicted? If you don't know, please answer the following:

- What was your age at the time of the offense?

- What was the victim's age?

- Was it consensual?

If you prefer not to disclose any of the above, I'll be happy to provide a more comprehensive answer which will enable you to determine your eligibility for relief yourself.

Thanks,

Marc

Expert:  Marc replied 2 months ago.

Thanks!

Marc

Expert:  Marc replied 2 months ago.

Thanks!

Marc