Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been on parole 2yrs. Get off 4/22/17 .I got a DUI

Customer Question

I have been on parole 2yrs. Get off 4/22/17 .I got a DUI 12/31/16 . I had a bond and got out . I am on non reporting parole in Ga. What do you think are the chances of parole finding out .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to say that generally speaking, chances are good that they will find out. Even on non-reporting parole, there is a court PO (parole/probation officer) that deals with the Defendant. They will normally see a new charge/conviction for a Defendant out on parole.

Now, it MAY not happen. Much of it depends on human error and efficiency of the system the Court uses. However in my experience, they are normally pretty good at registering the new events in their systems.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What would be my best action ? Wait and see if they look for me ? I have a good job and don't want to lose it . Does the parole board issue the warrant and how do I find out if one has been issued?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Unless your parole requirements mandate that you report any such incident, then there is nothing that someone in your situation would have to do.

Different Courts handle it differently. Some may issue a warrant, but in case of another arrest but no conviction, you may be called in to talk to a PO. Or, nothing may happen - they may do nothing unless there is a conviction (depending on the parole rules). Or, they may never find out.

It is not possible to call and find out if they know without tipping them off. I am afraid you are in a bit of a "wait and see" period unless the parole rules specifically mandate to inform them of such an incident. If it does, then someone in your situation has to do so.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE THREE OR MORE STARS and click FINISH to submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!