Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I want to know if this is a real person or a scammer /fraud.

Customer Question

I want to know if this is a real person or a scammer /fraud. James/GAO Qilin. Kings Beach South Lake Tahoe. phone number(###) ###-#### 54 yrs old I also have a photo of him.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is the person in my question real or a scammer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have already. Given all the info I have on him
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 days ago.

He's fake, and you ought to be able to figure that out by now, since the approaches to you and the scam pattern will all be pretty much the same.

A search of all public records on two completely different background checking services tells me that there's no such person as James Gao Qilin who ever lived in the US.

The phone number is ***** VOIP -- voice over internet protocol -- which means although it appears to have a California area code, it's not a real phone at all. Calls are being made over a computer, which can be anywhere in the world.

I've run the photo through photo recognition software, but I can't trace it. This does not mean, however, that this is the person you're talking to. To the contrary. Nothing else about him checks out, so the photo won't either.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.