Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My husband committed a forgery crime (credits card scam)

Customer Question

My husband committed a forgery crime (credits card scam) about 10 yrs and owe a 1200$ fine to the state of P.a which was never paid and a month was stopped for making a wrong turn and has been incarcerated since. He sees a judge on the 19th could he possibly be release for time served?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Harrisburg pa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet I've been trying but no one is returning calls I plan lookin into it more on monday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will he come home for time served or be sentenced??.... what's the maximum he could b sentenced and do I need a lawyer for such as case??
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also if he isn't being informed during his stay about his situation is his rights being violated in anyway ?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 16 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 16 days ago.

If this is only about a fine, the best way to get him out would be to pay it. But otherwise, yes, it's possible that he could be given credit for time served and released from his court date.

Tell me more about what he had been charged with and what happened on that case. Because you're asking what the maximum sentence could be, and makes me suspect that there may be other problems than just a fine.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 15 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.