N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

If you get a licensed MEXICO physician prescription can you

Customer Question

If you get a licensed MEXICO physician prescription can you bring back hgh genotropin to the USA?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: In MEXICO
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am confused i am asking a legal question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

It would be rare for a pharmacy to fill a foreign prescription. It depends on the state you live in. Can you tell me what state you want to fill the prescription in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In Puerta vallarta
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in the usa

What state in the US?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in usa
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Louisiana

Give me a few minutes. I will see if Louisiana law allows filling of this prescription from Mexico.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also testosterone

Unfortunately, the answer is no. Under the law of Louisiana, you can only fill prescriptions from doctors in the United States. The doctor has to have a DEA registration number. Only doctor's in the USA can have this number.

Here is what the law states:

§2511. Prescriptions A. Definitions.

As used in this Chapter, the following terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them in this Section: Electronic Prescription – a prescription transmitted in electronic form. Practice Affiliation – a practice relationship, collaboration, or practice under the supervision of a physic***** *****censed to practice medicine. Prescription or Prescription Drug Order – an order from a practitioner authorized by law to prescribe for a drug or device that is patient specific and is communicated by any means to a pharmacist in a permitted pharmacy, and is to be preserved on file as required by law or regulation. B. Written Prescriptions. A written prescription shall conform to the following format:

1. The prescription form shall not be less than four inches by five inches, and shall bear a single printed signature line.

2. The prescription form shall clearly indicate the authorized prescriber’s name, licensure designation, address, telephone number, and, if applicable, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number. In the event that multiple practitioners are identified on the prescription form, the authorizing prescriber’s specific identity shall be clear and unambiguous. This identification may be indicated by any means, including but not limited to, a marked check box next to, or circling the authorizing prescriber’s printed name.

3. If the authorized prescriber is a non-physician, the prescription form shall clearly indicate the authorized prescriber’s practice affiliation.

Please let me know if I can help more. I will be happy to answer more of your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask more. I want to try to help you more.

If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Go to this link. http://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3-hgh-insulin-questions/197945-bringing-hgh-mexico.htmlThis is what I am asking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
U.S. residents entering the United States at international land borders, who are carrying a validly obtained controlled substance (other than narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD), are subject to certain additional requirements. If a U.S. resident wants to bring in a controlled substance (other than narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD) but does not have a prescription for the substance issued by a U.S.-licensed practitioner (e.g., physician, dentist, etc.) who is registered with, and authorized by, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to prescribe the medication, the individual may not import more than 50 dosage units of the medication into the United States. If the U.S. resident has a prescription for the controlled substance issued by a DEA registrant, more than 50 dosage units may be imported by that person, provided all other legal requirements are met.Please note that only medications that can be legally prescribed in the United States may be imported for personal use. Be aware that possession of certain substances may also violate state laws. As a general rule, the FDA does not allow the importation of prescription drugs that were purchased outside the United States. Please see their Website for information about the enforcement policy for personal use quantities

I am going to opt out for another expert. I thought you were asking a different question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194904.htm
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is another link.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Need answer sooner than 24 hours
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

New Expert here.

Were you diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency?

Do you also have a prescription for this written by a US doctor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was diagnosed on louisuana
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

indicates you should be able to bring in a 3 month supply.