How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25962
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was charged with aggravated assault causing serious

Customer Question

My son was charged with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. His wide and him went out and were drinking. The got home and started arguing. She admitted to hiring him and he hit her causing a tooth to get knocked out. She did not press charges and admitted to hitting him first. He has never been violent and has no criminal record except for a dwi ten years ago. The have bot started attended counseling are going to start anger management classes. What if the likeliness he will get probation of This is hurst first offense.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Under the circumstances you have described, the chances that he can get probation if he wants it are very good. He should have a lawyer, however, particularly as his wife did not wish to press charges. With one, he might be able to get the case eventually dismissed.