RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

One of my discovery interrogatory questions asks,"Do you

Customer Question

One of my discovery interrogatory questions asks,"Do you have liability insurance or are you aware of any other form of indemnity which you claim is applicable to this accident? _____ If the answer is yes, state:" My answer is yes for indemnity (health insurance) only, so how do I answer the following: "The name of the company or companies, including any excess or umbrella carriers, which you claim provide coverage" My health insurance is G****n R**e, I'm not sure what an umbrella policy means; they are a united healthcare company. Would that be an umbrella? "a. The limit or limits of liability of each policy" How do I answer that? "b. Whether you are being defended by the insurance carrier under a reservation of rights." (I have never even heard of a reservation of rights). How do I answer that? AND "c.Whether the insurance carrier has accepted or denied coverage" They only paid some of the bills as my policy is limited & some doctors do not take g****n r**e. So how do I answer that?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

The question is confusing, but they're not asking about health insurance. What they really want to know is if you have insurance policies that might pay for the accident.

An indemnity policy, or indemnity insurance, is a supplemental insurance policy specific to certain professionals, like malpractice insurance.

If you don't have anything like that, you can answer no.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the Terms of Service by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
34;Indemnity health insurance plans typically provide comprehensive medical coverage for a monthly premium. These are called fee-for-service plans, because bills are paid as charges are incurred. Payment is made either to the health care provider or insured person after services are received. Some indemnity plans may require the insured to pay all costs upfront and then file a claim for reimbursement. Other plans may require participants to pay a copayment at the time services are received, such as $20 per office visit. The health care provider then submits a claim for the remaining costs of covered services."

I understand all that. They're not asking about health insurance.

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or additional information you needed about this matter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You didn't answer my complete question so I found an attorney who did. I thank you for your time.

I respectfully ***** ***** other expert gave you almost the exact same answer, that the question asked about insurance they might pay out the claim, and that they were not asking about your health insurance. I'm sorry that wasn't clear to you in my response

If you had questions about my answer, I would have been more than happy to have provided you with clarification.

Good day.