Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

My 16 year old son is threatening to run away because he

Customer Question

My 16 year old son is threatening to run away because he doesn't like the rules. Like no drug use or drinking. He has a good life but he doesn't understand that. He says he has a friend whose parents will take him in and hide him from us. We live in Missouri. If this is true, can we hold these people accountable. What are the consequences of harboring a minor in Missouri
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It is a crime under Missouri Law to harbour a run away. A person who does so may face crininal charges and may be sued by the parents of the run away.

See:

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/21900000611.html

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.