Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have a prescription for a few different medications and

Customer Question

I have a prescription for a few different medications and recently I was pulled over a few different times because they have targeted me now I do have a CPL and now I have a third OWI
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: in Oakland county MI
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: my lawyer that I spoke with about the first case that happened in April 20 2016 I feel he did not even fight for me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I was 21 I did get a OUIL and I was carrying my weapon in the incident that happened on April 20th of 2016
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 21 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I the past couple of weeks been pulled over on April 20, 2016 I was pulled over and charged with driving under the Influence of THC which I had a Medical marijuana card that had expired on the first of April my lawyer got me to pled to driving under the influence of THC, then I was pulled over on the on the 22nd of December and also charged with OWI, I have prescriptions for everything I have in my system and I also did not have my glasses which I broke so I have a hard time driving at night with out my glasses, I just want to know of the police are able to report to my job about some thing that I have just been charged with I have not been convicted of as of yet, yes I was charged 21 years ago for OUIL and I did everything was supposed to and really have not been in trouble since then until not I Ian having a very rough year I lost my mother January 17, 2016 and I am now separation with the man that I have been with for the last 20 years of I am a Licensed Practical Nurse and I am working towards getting my RN and I did not wasn't these charges to affect my chances of becoming An RN I really do not feel the police had the right to call my work and tell them anything until after I have been convicted of any of the charges that they have charged me with.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I feel like they are judging me because of my past I have been very good since I got on trouble when I was 21 years old which was over 15 years ago.....
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 21 days ago.

I am very sorry for the delay. I turned in for the evening right before your question came through at 11:30 PM. The law always considers the personal and criminal history of a defendant. With OWIs particularly, there is even a lookback period that specifically allows them to do so.

Arrests are a matter of public record. There is no duty of confidentiality that the police have. Theoretically, they can tell whoever they want. As a matter of department policy, reaching out to employers may be frowned on. You can report the officer who called you to his supervisor and to internal affairs to trigger an investigation into his professional conduct. If what he was doing was contrary to office policy, he could be sanctioned -- warned, fined, suspended or terminated from the force. If his contact with your employer does cause you to be terminated from your job before you're convicted of the present charges, you could contact a local civil lawyer about bringing a civil rights suit against the officer.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 19 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.