Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I am sorting through voicemails of a person who has filed a

Customer Question

I am sorting through voicemails of a person who has filed a temporary restraining order against me
if I accidentally dial his number how much trouble am I in?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Assuming that the person filed a formal complaint with the police, you could be arrested for violating the RO and then face misdemeanor charges for violating the RO. Considering the fact that it was unintentional, it is likely that the judge would just give you a good chewing out in court and then impose no penalty. But if it happened twice, then you likely would end up serving some amount of jail time..

.

So be very careful what you touch on your phone...

.

.

thanks