Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

Aggravated assault Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

Aggravated sexual assault
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He was charged but could not find him on sex offenders website
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Failure to register as a sex offender is a criminal act.

Under 18 U.S.C. §2250, federal law makes it punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment for failure of a sex offender to register.

Federal law also requires that every jurisdiction have its own variation of this law, and requires that the penalty be punishable by at least more than one year imprisonment.

Therefore, if you know someone who was convicted or if you were the victim of a crime, and cannot find this individual registered, then it should be reported immediately.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. It's free of charge to rate me, and we can continue our conversation for free after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!