Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Malicious Prosecution. In the state of Minnesota I was

Customer Question

Malicious Prosecution. In the state of Minnesota I was charged with 2 Misdemeanor offices for loud dog barking. The neighbor that lived next door called the police on my boyfriend and I over 30 times complaining our dogs would be barking at him. The neighbor next door would kick the fence and through rocks at our dogs so they would bark at him and run call the Police. I had witnesses ready to testify to the neighbors behavior. I'm Black and my boyfriend is Hispanic and the dogs belong to him and were registered to him his English is not good, the police issued me the citations. They dropped the charges without prejudice. Every time I called the police on the neighbor and told them what the neighbor was doing to our dogs they never did a thing. I was told a dog was never allowed to bark. All the neighbors in the neighborhood had dogs and they barked including the police dogs that was okay. However the neighbors were White.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It happened in Minnesota I started being harassed in June or July of 2016. The Charges were dropped Jan 05, 2016.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I getting ready to file an administrative complaint with Worthington Minnesota Police Department next week. I going to file a law suit by the end of December. The Worthington Police Department have done a lot of dirty things to me however I need to address this first.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 days ago.

But first, what is your question with regard to all of these facts?