TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Can I get my forfeited car back? Im in Indiana. My 17 year

Customer Question

Can I get my forfeited car back? Im in Indiana. My 17 year old was driving it. He and a friend opened other car doors and stole stuff. The car is in my name. I was not part of the crime.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Yes, your car should be returned. While the police can impound the car when your son was arrested, the car is not forfeited. You will need to contact the police station to inquire about the vehicle being returned. It should be as simple as providing evidence that you own the car.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 days ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.