Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I would like to get a pardon for a conviction that happened

Customer Question

I would like to get a pardon for a conviction that happened in 1971 or 1972. Is that possible?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Los Angeles, California. The crime took place in the city of Bell Gardens, CA which is located in the county of Los Angeles, CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, do I need to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have a domestic abuse case in NJ I believe in 1992 or 1993 is that easy to remove. The domestic abuse case is for breaking the windows in my own home not for putting my hands on anyone.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 15 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 15 days ago.

The governor of California has been relatively generous in granting pardons in California. As your felony goes back to 1971 or 72 and your most recent contact with the law was 13 or 14 years ago, you may be a good candidate.

Pardons do not require a lawyer. California will walk you through the process of obtaining a pardon here.

As for NJ, you have waited long enough to be potentially eligible to expunge the offense from your record. YOu can see how to go about that here.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 14 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.