Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

23152() DUI, is this a misdemeanor or a felony? Glendale CA

Customer Question

23152(B) DUI , is this a misdemeanor or a felony?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Glendale CA in 2012 I pleaded no contest and accepted a guilty plea but I don't remember if it was a felony or not
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just to answer that question frlony or misdemeanor
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 12 days ago.

This can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. Typically, if this was your first or even your second or third DUI, the misdemeanor would be what was charged. Generally, when it is charged as a felony you've either had a lot of prior DUIs or there was an accident in which another party was injured.

You can find out for sure by asking the clerk of the court who can see it on your criminal history.

How long was your license suspended for? What were the other penalties you were sentenced to?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.