Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Defense attorney failed to provide an omnibus and a defense

Customer Question

Defense attorney failed to provide an omnibus and a defense witness list prior to trial. Also, his client told him to call witnesses in his defense during the trial. He instead rested the case. Furthermore, the attorney felt the case came back guilty on his client, because the jury felt the physical bruises to the DA's witness was cause by the defense's client. Yet, if a witness was called by the defense, proof would have been shown the bruises were caused in two previous f
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 16 days ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

I am a New York attorney and I am a trial and appeals attorney. The only thing you can do right now is . this to the NYS Appellate Division.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok. I am appalled that a defense attorney would not call witnesses, especially when the client begged him to do so. The one witness would have testified that most of the bruises to the plaintiff were caused with fights he had with the plaintiff the same night. Should incompetent attorney be part of the appeal?

What you would claim is Ineffective Assistance of Counsel based on what you just said.

Did you mention that the attorney did not file an "omnibus motion"?