Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a very old outstanding ticket and was wondering since

Customer Question

I have a very old outstanding ticket and was wondering since I don't have the whole $420 to pay, is there a way to work out a payment plan?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Texas Montgomery County and I'm in Dallas County.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, but it's a very old ticket.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you ever resolve the issue? By that, I mean did you answer to the ticket and they imposed the $420 fine and it was just never paid?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was never paid.

Thank you. If it was never paid, you first want to make sure your license is not suspended. I say this because if you never paid it and you have a financial responsibility, your license can be suspended and you may be driving around with a suspended license. Now, if it is outstanding, you need to contact the clerk of court, in Montgomery County, where the citation was issued and speak with them about a payment plan. They may allow you to make partial payments, to get this paid off, if you can not pay it in a lump sum.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!