Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

If such clear network fraud cases, Isn't it a criminal

Customer Question

If such clear network fraud cases, Isn't it a criminal offence in England? in addition to the MCOL to fight for the money back, there is no other criminal responsibility can be investigated? like Interpol.....if so, if you can guide us? I think this behavior should be stopped it to avoid continuing to harm other people
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

Yes, fraud is a criminal offense in England. The difficulty is in finding the scammer. If they are in the UK then your authorities can investigate and prosecute them. If it turns out your scammers were committing their fraud from abroad, your authorities cannot investigate outside of the UK.

Interpol does not investigate crime. They do not have officers and don't make arrests. Interpol keeps an international data base and shares the information it gets about crime with law enforcement agencies all over the world. Interpol does flag certain criminals so that if the attempt to leave their countries they could be arrested at borders.

Interpol asks victims of crimes to report matters to their local police. You need to do that, and you can also alert Actionfraud.police.uk

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.