Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and my two kids were receiving Medicaid and food

Customer Question

My husband and my two kids were receiving Medicaid and food stamps as my husband was trying to get his business up and running but things were slow and he got a job for a while and I thought the amount was under what we needed to report but it wasn't and they found out about it after we applied for energy assistance. Well they called about it and I told them I thought I didn't have to report it cause I thought t was under he required amount to report but it wasn't. Well I panicked and made some story about how he worked and then left and stuff and now I feel guilty I can prove the story but would rather just come clean should I call and tel them what I did or just go with what I said when I panicked even though forgetting to report the job was an honest mistaje
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Wisc
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I didn't know I needed to since it was an honest mistake I thought I would just have to repay it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 21 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand...you lied to the state when they questioned you regarding your eligibility for welfare benefits and now you want to know if you should report yourself? Is that your question?