David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

Second opinion] - I was just trying to find out if the

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I was just trying to find out if the statute of limitations for my Personnel Administrator making false statements in an investigation leading to possible termination of my employment would be
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I resigned since I was being threatened of having a lawsuit being filed against me since I would have no income and no way to provide for my children due to being a single parent
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I was in a pending workman's comp case when they started the investigation and put me on administrative leave
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Stewart replied 17 days ago.

In CA you have a one year statute of limitation on a defamation claim for false statements being made against you. If you are asking about a claim associated with the administrative leave, there is not a recognized claim for that so your claim would be against the individual you believe made false statement about you. Good luck with everything. All the best, David