Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My husband was arrested in new jersey on the charge of

Customer Question

My husband was arrested in new jersey on the charge of resisting arrest. He is currently on state parole in pa and wanted fugive for multiple felonies. I was just told by bail bonds in new jersey that if i dont pay the bail on this charge he will not be sent back to pa to deal with this mess until he has gone through court and served his sentence in new jersey. Ia this true? Can i have him extridicted and these run concurrent? I thought pa had to get him within so many days 30 or something? Please tell me what my next step is because he is refusing to see or talk to anyone so getting counsel in there immediately isnt an option for me
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 18 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 18 days ago.

You've been informed correctly. If New Jersey lets him go, they will not be able to get him back to resolve the case. So they do not have to make him available for extradition until he finishes his criminal matter in New Jersey. There is nothing you can do to get him extradited sooner.

So what he needs is a lawyer in New Jersey who can resolve his resisting charge as expeditiously as possible so that he can get to Pennsylvania. He also needs Pennsylvania lawyers who can get bail set on him there, so that he is getting credit for all of his cases from where he is right now.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 17 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.