How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25484
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was arrested in new jersey on the charge of

Customer Question

My husband was arrested in new jersey on the charge of resisting arrest. He is currently on state parole in pa and wanted fugive for multiple felonies. I was just told by bail bonds in new jersey that if i dont pay the bail on this charge he will not be sent back to pa to deal with this mess until he has gone through court and served his sentence in new jersey. Ia this true? Can i have him extridicted and these run concurrent? I thought pa had to get him within so many days 30 or something? Please tell me what my next step is because he is refusing to see or talk to anyone so getting counsel in there immediately isnt an option for me
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

You've been informed correctly. If New Jersey lets him go, they will not be able to get him back to resolve the case. So they do not have to make him available for extradition until he finishes his criminal matter in New Jersey. There is nothing you can do to get him extradited sooner.

So what he needs is a lawyer in New Jersey who can resolve his resisting charge as expeditiously as possible so that he can get to Pennsylvania. He also needs Pennsylvania lawyers who can get bail set on him there, so that he is getting credit for all of his cases from where he is right now.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Criminal Law Questions