Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

Are you a lawyer, ok I have a question about a DLS can you

Customer Question

are you a lawyer
JA: No. I'm the criminal lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: ok I have a question about a DLS can you help
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: ok the issue is this There seems to be about 5-6 open DL charges from 2003-2010 that has warrants and I believe 2 were issues capias
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am confused because I was pulled over when the warrants and capias were issued and never taken in
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Apparently, police (BSO)has came to my parents house at 3am stating that they have a warrant for my arrest and has came into the house searching for me but they never left any card, paper or any such information on whats the warrant for and who to contact . When I call the department they stated that there is no record of BSO or the city police coming to the home. They stated that there is some open warrants from 10 years ago for DLS but nothing new. I call the Federal government and no warrants. This happened 2 months ago. Now my parents stated that the police pulled my sister over thinking she was me and asked her for her figure print to verify that she wasn't me. I have NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON nor are there any records of this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The warrants for the DLS ( fail to appear) were issued from 2003 to 2010 which doesn't make sense to me because each time I was pulled over I was given a DWLS ticket and never taken in for the warrants that the system states were issued before.
I am confused if BSO really came to my house or is something else is going on
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What state do you live in? Did your parents or your sister get the name of the officers who are doing these things?

What are your specific questions for a lawyer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Florida
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
38; No they did not

Thank you.

Warrants never expire, so if you have outstanding warrants, police can take you in at any time. The purpose of the statute of limitations is to govern how long a state has to file charges against someone. When there's a warrant, charges have already been filed.

It is legal for police to use an arrest warrant to search a house where they believe you might be, or to pull your car over. One way to stop this is to call the courthouse and ask them to schedule a hearing on all these warrants. if you thought the warrants were all taken care of, you may want to call the police non-emergency line first to talk to someone - or have a lawyer call for you.

It's concerning that they're saying no one went to your house. Make sure your family knows, if something like this happens again, to get names and badge numbers for any police officers they encounter.

Do you have any other questions about this?