RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Im in OR, wondering about OR DUII laws, Got a ticket,

Customer Question

Im in OR
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: wondering about OR DUII laws
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Got a ticket
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: 813.010 DUII controled substance
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Here is the statute.

It is a Class A misdemeanor. Misdemeanor DUI is punishable by a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a fine of $6,250. In Oregon, DUI is a misdemeanor crime unless you have three or more prior DUI convictions in the past 10 years. If convicted of misdemeanor DUI, your Oregon driving privileges will be suspended for one year. Oregon takes this charge very seriously. While jail time is unlikely, you're certainly looking at if convicted a fine, fees/costs of several hundred dollars, alcohol/drug assessment and treatment, and attendance at a victim impact treatment session. You'll also likely be sentenced to probation, which can include things like random drug testing and community service.

Oregon law specifically prohibits plea bargaining. Oregon Code 813.170 states that "a person charged with the offense of driving under the influence of intoxicants shall not be allowed to plead "guilty" or "no contest" to any other offense in exchange for a dismissal of the offense charged. No district attorney or city attorney shall make any motion and no judge shall enter any order in derogation of this section.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 19 days ago.

Was there some additional information or clarification I could provide to you before leaving me a positive rating for my time and effort today?