Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Tina, 16 years ago I was arrested for a non violent crime in

Customer Question

Hello Tina, 16 years ago I was arrested for a non violent crime in Calif. I spent one night in jail and 9 months on house arrest then I had record expunge with all rights restored except for owing a fire arm but in AZ after going through the same process with the courts her in az it wouldn't be a problem Ho the crime was selling meth to some cute girl. I was single and razing two boys by my self. Tina was can you do to help me
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: crime was in Cailf. I now have live Arizona 15 years all this happen in 1996
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: When I went to have recoed expunge the paper work said all rights were restored owning a firearm
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are me options a pardon From Gov Brown There is so much dope that its crazy.. it use to be pot. now it Meth and Heroin
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
see second question
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 25 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 25 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Yes, a pardon is your only option. That will restore your California gun rights and it will help you on the Federal level because you need your Federal rights restored too. Even though your matter was expunged, the Federal government does not recognize a California expungment for purposes of restoring gun rights. This is because it's not a true expungment but something more in the nature of a set-aside.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.