Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was charged as a felon but my case was lowered to a

Customer Question

I was charged as a felon but my case was lowered to a misdemeanor being that this was my first offense. I'm applying for a job where there is a question asking if I was convicted of a felony. Do I say yes to this question?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

On a background check, your criminal history will show that you were arrested for a felony but only convicted of a misdemeanor. If your charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and you took a plea to a misdemeanor and received a misdemeanor sentence, you can answer NO to the question.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.