P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

A buddie of mine is freaking out cause a 17 old girl sent

Customer Question

Hey a buddie of mine is freaking out cause a 17 old girl sent nudes to him that lives in South Carolina, and he lives in Texas age 23, the only reason they started talking was because they found each other on a dating site that said she was 18. he ended up sending one back after finding out she was 17
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 20 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hey trying to figure out if his in trouble or what type of trouble he can get into cause of this, the father of the young girl contacted him today about it

That depends...what is it he did that he believes was illegal?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
After she sent him the nude pictures, he sent one back, only to find out that she is 17 and lives in South Carolina, and his 23 and lives in Texas, but on the dating site she was 18

Did he send her any pictures after she disclosed to him her age?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
he found out than sent a nude of himself to her, only ofter she sent him a couple of pics of her to him, than he ended up getting a call from her dad two days later. I'm trying to help him out the best I can

thanks
What you are describing is, likely, a crime.
That is, if he was aware she was a minor child and he sent her nude photos of himself...and received nude photos of her? He could be prosecuted under both state and federal law.

That said, what you are describing sounds a LOT like a very common criminal scam...has "dad" (the person claiming to be dad) asked for money yet??

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Not yet, but he did say he was talking to his lawyers about it

Thanks
That is when you will know it is a scam...I see this regularly (I answer this question or a variation on this theme several times every week).

I bet it is a scam.

But I also acknowledge your friend committed a crime (assuming that the "girl" is a minor)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.