AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

My boyfriend was arrested for false imprisonment and

Customer Question

my boyfriend was arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Truth is I suffer from severe general anxiety disorder and mild panic disorder that lead me to have an explosive emotion episode (one of many). my boyfriend had zero idea what to do but did the best he could, tried to keep me from getting behind a wheel and from hurting myself. there is no violence, no fear, my anxiety makes me inconsolable and aggressive and when the police arrived they focused on the fact he was keeping me inside the house "against" my will and did not consider the context of the situation. Can i get his charges dropped if I tell me side at his bail hearing?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 21 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

You won't be able to speak to the judge at the bail hearing. You should probably figure out who the prosecutor is before the hearing, and see if he will speak to you and state that you are the victim and that you were not assaulted, and ask if he is willing to dismiss the case. If your boyfriend was just acting to protect you from hurting yourself, then that wouldn't be an assault. So find the prosecutor and talk to him.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
How do I find them?

You can go to court the day of the hearing, and the prosecutor will be the man or woman who is the attorney sitting at the table speaking to the judge about the cases, and he or she will be the attorney who speaks for the state on your boyfriend's case. Watch and see who that is, and try to talk to him or her when court is over.