Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My husband has been falsely accused of child molestation and

Customer Question

My husband has been falsely accused of child molestation and he is being framed by detectives. Im so scared because he would never do this. I need help
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No he has a hearing coming up wednesday the 16th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need the best lawyer i can find and for a reasonable fee
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Okay
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

Unfortunately, due to the terms of service on this site, we cannot give you a direct referral to a lawyer or a law firm. What I can do, however, is to

to a few referral services that lawyers themselves use when they need to consult with someone out of the state or out of their specialty area and don't know of anyone.

One is the Illinois Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a $50 referral fee which contains a free half hour initial consultation with the lawyer.

Another is Martindale.com. Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer or client rated to help you narrow down your choices. Still another is Avvo.com

The amount of money you will have to spend to defend the case will depend on whether this will go to trial or not. Lawyers set their rates by estimating how long it will take for them to solve their client's problem. A trial for a charge of this seriousness would be a five-figure amount anywhere in the country. But if you call the Bar Association's referral service, they should be able to give you a more specific ballpark estimate. Many lawyers also take credit cards, which would allow you to pay the lawyer but still make monthly installments.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.