Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was arrested for a raid the narcs busted my door on a

Customer Question

I was arrested for a raid the narcs busted my door on a warrant, he said I said she said, looking for herion didn't find any, but found two morphine pills from the past, so now I was charged on two chgs, Poss cs pg1<1g and poss cs pg3<28g How does this work??????
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Texas and the arrest wat was filed in Oct 17, arrest me yesterday
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No mame,
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

What is your question with regard to this incident?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

I was hoping to hear from you by now because a question such as "how does this work?" doesn't tell me anything about what you want to know. I can't even tell if you are asking about the site or about your charges.

Poss cs pg1<1g stands for possession of less than a gram of a controlled substance from penalty group 1. In Texas, this charge would be a state jail felony meaning that upon conviction you could face up to 2 years of prison.

poss cs pg3<28g stands for possession of less than 28 grams of a controlled substance from penalty group 3, which are less serious drugs. This would be a class A misdemeanor in Texas, which means that it has a maximum possible penalty of a year in jail and/or a $4,000 fine.

You can see this here.

If this is not what you wish to know please respond to this question thread and I'll be happy to expand my answer.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.