Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Are you a real person, okay. i was at a friends house the

Customer Question

are you a real person
JA: I'm an assistant to the criminal lawyer. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: okay. i was at a friends house the other day and one of the people there was using drugs ( heroin) and overdosed, i was there performing cpr, my other friend called 911. can i get in trouble for being there? he is okay now
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just would like to know what you think
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

Were you there when 911 arrived? Were charges filed against your friend? Were additional drugs recovered?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 24 days ago.

There is nothing in what you have said that indicates you would face either criminal or civil liability for this incident. However, just to be sure, I'd like the answers to the questions I have asked you, as they can make a difference. Please reply on this question thread.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 23 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.