AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I was wrongly arrested about 6 month ago for dui spent 1

Customer Question

Hi, I was wrongly arrested about 6 month ago for dui spent 1 night in jail had to pay a bonds man to be bailed out had to pay to get my car out had to go and pay a program called core to take classes and finally went to court with jury to be found not guilty by jury now after about 6 months am got a letter telling me my license is going to be suspended if I don't do some other programs and attend aa meetings all at my expense 18 classes at $30.00 a class and a $75.00 sign up fee 5 AA meetings at $50.00 a meeting and Radom drug & alcohol screening at my cost which 1st one cost me $30.00 and being treated like a criminal and treated to have my classes extended because of my attitude which all because I ask question and refuse to sign paper stating I use drugs or I am an alcoholic which I am neither I guess that statement innocent till proven guilty those not apply to me in my case it is guilty even after being found not guilty and about $6 to 7 thousand dollars later
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 24 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Since you were found not guilty, you can take that paperwork in to the DMV and apply to get your license back. They should do this, as long as you were actually acquitted. They will not do it, however, if the prosecutor simply dropped the case, or if you entered into a plea deal for a lesser charge, because those are not the same as being found not guilty.

Does that make sense?