Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

If on probation and the car you drive is 50 yard away from

Customer Question

If on probation and the car you drive is 50 yard away from probation office and a rental car does probation officer have the right to take the per that is on probation, car key and serch the car with out a serch warrant
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Yes. Probation does not need a warrant to search your home or the car that you're driving. It's one of the conditions of being on probation.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.