RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Daughter fired for stealing 8 adderall tablets. Louisiana.

Customer Question

Daughter fired for stealing 8 adderall tablets. Louisiana. Certified technocian.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not arrested and pharmacy not pressing charges but it was reported to board of pharmacy. Can they press charges
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Louisiana. 2 days ago
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened.

Only the state, through the prosecutor's office, can actually file charges. Television and movies make it sound like anyone can press charges, but that is not the case. The decision rests with a prosecutor. That said, if anyone could file a police report, it would have been the pharmacy where your daughter allegedly took the medication, since they are the "victim."

The Board of Pharmacy is not going to file a report with the authorities, though they could take disciplinary action against your daughter (much like a doctor or lawyer who is reported for alleged wrongful acts can face sanctions).

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. If no police report was filed then no arrest can be made, correct? I know the board can/ will take disciplinary action

If nothing was reported to the police there would be no way for them to know that an alleged crime was committed, so no way for them to make an arrest, correct.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page and pressing SUBMIT.

Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you!