Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My son is accuse of molesteation of a minor and abuse how is

Customer Question

my son is accuse of molesteation of a minor and abuse how long is this jail sentence
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: orlando florida orange county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he is in jail his first hearing has taken place
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the mother call me and said she had them sleeping together this does not make sense these kids are not his kids
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I've reviewed your question, however I do need to know how old is your son, and how old is the minor that is the alleged victim? The penalties for sexual abuse crimes depend on both the age of the victim and the age of the perpetrator.

I'll wait to hear back and we can go from there, thanks!

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
he is thirty three she is 12
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 26 days ago.

I see your previous expert has opted out of your question. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this.

If your son is 33 and the alleged victim is younger than 12 years old, under Florida law this would have a minimum possible penalty of 25 years in prison and a maximum life sentence.

If she's older than 12, which she is, if she's beyond her 12th birthday, this would have a maximum possible penalty of 15 years of prison. Fifteen years of probation is also possible in place of prison. Fines could be up to $10,000

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 25 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.