CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

IF SOMEONE PRESSED CHARGES ON ME AND THEY THEY GAVE MY OLD

Customer Question

IF SOMEONE PRESSED CHARGES ON ME AND THEY THEY GAVE MY OLD ADDRESS BUT I MOVED CAN THEY FIND ME AT MY JOB EVEN IF THEY DONT KNOW WHERE I WORK AT?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 29 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You mean if the police was to speak with you and if they want to arrest you?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Thank you. Yes, they will likely find you. I say this because they will run your name in their system and see if they can location your drivers license and address and anything else registered in your name. They may also perform a skip trace, which process servers use, to locate your residence and employer. The fact that you relocated, may only delay them finding you but if you are a person of interest, they will find you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
well its because i use my old employer credit which was under 200 but i confessed and he said he was going to press charges this was about a 2 months ago but im still worried about it

He may have decided to not do anything. He may have decided to just let it go, which is good for you. If they wanted to charge you and he did go to the police, they would find you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
but what if he did
what if they are just taking longer than expected

Then they will contact you and speak with you and then charge you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
HOW WILL THEY CONTACT ME , WONT THEY JUST COME AND ARREST ME

Phone or by mail. This is the police. They will be able to find your phone number or address.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
my name isnt on the lease of my new home and i recently went under my boyfriends line how else will they contact me , all my information is from newyork and i live in florida

They may not be able to. If that is the case and they did want to charge you, they would issue a warrant for your arrest

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
WELL WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE WARRANT IS PUT OUT ?
If you have interaction with the police and they run your name and see it you will be picked up
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 26 days ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.