Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Second opinion] - Is a physical control in the state of Ohio

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Is a physical control in the state of Ohio just a traffic offense or a criminal offense?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was convicted of a physical control
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, I believe I already assisted you with this question a little earlier. Do you have any new or follow-up questions that I can help you with? Or are you interested in getting another opinion from a different attorney on the same question?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. I see you asked for a second opinion.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

In the State of Ohio, Physical Control is a misdemeanor traffic offense. It carries a maximum possible penalty of 6 months in jail and/or a fine of $1,000. It is not considered a moving violation, however, so there are no points on your license upon conviction. License suspension is not mandatory but can be up to a year at the discretion of the judge.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.