Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Not sure my husband of 40 years hit me August 7th. of this

Customer Question

Not sure my husband of 40 years hit me August 7th. of this year and I went to court on the Aug.10th. to get a temporary restraining order. At his court hearing the D.A. told me that I didn't need to do that as a temporary order is automatically issued. He violated the order went back to jail for 30 days. Yesterday, 11/4/2016 he came to the house and broke in and was again arrested for violating the restraining order but when I put in my case number, the temporary one I filed, it says it was dismissed. I don't know if the automatic one issued by the DA is in effect nor how to find out.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lakewood, California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand your question. I just said that I had filed a temporary order which the DA said I didn't need to do and he was re-arrested for violating the order last nite as I said.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

I will try and help. On this occasion (11/4) were the police called? Was he arrested? If not, were there witnesses? What is the status of the case from 8/7?

Please give me some more detail and I will try and help.

DCG