Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I would like to know if it is legal to ship marijuana in

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to know if it is legal to ship marijuana in california to someone who has a card? Thank you
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment. If the lawyer can answer that question and where to get the proper permits, then I have no further questions. Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Yes, it is absolutely illegal to ship marijuana through the mail, even to those who have a valid medical marijuana card.

This is because our postal system is Federal, and marijuana is still a schedule I controlled substance and strictly illegal under federal law.

Even if you shipped it UPS or FedEx this would apply because you're placing the product in the stream of commerce. Many post office clearing centers as well as those for FedEx and UPS have agents in the premises with drug sniffing dogs.

Shipping marijuana is not just illegal, it's risky.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.