Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My NY certificate of disposition indictment has the letters

Customer Question

Hi my NY certificate of disposition indictment has the letters "AM" after "attempted grand larceny in the 4th degree PL 110-***.30 01 AM what does AM mean ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm a NYS criminal attorney.

The AM stands for a Class A misdemeanor. In NYS the level of the crime goes down one notch if it's only an attempt. So while Grand Larceny is a felony, an attempted E felony is a class A misdemeanor.

If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or 5 stars, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work here. You would still be able to ask further follow ups about this incident for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.