Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

How can i get these harassment charges off my record, it was

Customer Question

how can i get these harassment charges off my record
JA: Has a warrant notice been sent? Is this a first-time offense for harassment?
Customer: it was 1st time offense and yes i paid a fine on 1 charge and the other 2 were dismissed but all 3 are still showing up because theyre on the same arrest
JA: In what state did this occur? And has an attorney been consulted?
Customer: texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i hav e these all 3 gone
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Texas law typically only allows dismissed charges to be expunged if you were not convicted on any of the charges related to the offense OR if you entered a plea agreement with the prosecutor where they promised dismissal as part of the deal. Because you paid a fine on one of the three charges, that's considered a conviction. The first step is to get a copy of your plea agreement with the DA to see if it says that they're agreeing to deferred prosecution or another arrangement that will allow for the charges to be expunged later.

If the agreement says that, here is the form and instructions for getting the charges removed:

https://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E99A9-A3EB-6584-CA74-137E0474AE2C/attachments/86CCFF45-FEA3-4DC4-BD7B-6F4590CE5352/expunction_kit_final.pdf

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?