PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in a goverment condo, but is managed by a private

Customer Question

i live in a goverment condo, but is managed by a private real state firm. the parking lot area has cameras, gate and a guard in the night only. the parking lot has a sign, announcing that, the condo is not responsible for any stolen property. my vehicle was stolen. the cameras caugh the the individuals. the management reject to release the video to me but the police. the police does not show up. can make liable the condo for my stolen vehicle?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you cannot make them liable for the stolen property. However, you can go to the Police Station and file a complaint for theft of vehicle, or sue the property management for the release of the video to you.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is possible to set a complain in the police station, because they not show up to check the video? whith who?

Yes. You need to go to the Police Station and tell the receptionist that you are there to file a complaint about theft of property. The receptionist would get the right Officer to take your complaint. The Police would then investigate the matter.

Make sure to tell the Police that there is a video of the theft. The Police would get the necessary information from the management.

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.